Guide for Biographies
You will be asked to submit your biography when you submit your abstract using NEMC’s on-line abstract submission website. The information below will help you prepare your abstract to upload. Please provide a short biography summarizing your affiliations, education, accomplishments and contact information. We encourage you to include a photo. You will be asked to paste your biography into the submittal. Only the Presenting Author’s biography is required. The entry should follow the template below:
NOTE: If you are submitting a late biography because you are a substitute/additional presenter or did not have this information during submittal - you must submit the biography directly to Barbara Hansen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Consider the following information when preparing your biography:
- Be brief. The session chairs will use this information to introduce you.
- Include your current job title, company name and length of time you have been at the company
- Mention any work-related honors, awards or recognition
- Summarize educational degrees and the institutions that awarded them
- Include previous, but related, jobs
- Write the biography in third person. After giving your full name, continue to use just the last name throughout the biography. Also, use "he" or "she” instead of “I."
All chosen abstracts/presentations for the conference will be publicly posted on the NEMC website after the conference.
Only submit material that can be posted.
You will be required to sign a Written Materials Agreement as a condition of abstract submission.
If you have any issues uploading your abstract, please contact NEMC IT Manager
William Daystrom (email@example.com) for assistance.